High DA Dofollow social bookmarking sites play an important role in SEO today. By social bookmarking, we can introduce our website and blog to various relevant categories to get good backlinks, along with a little traffic. Yes, a little traffic if you don’t know how to do bookmarking in a proper way. We will discuss how to do proper bookmarking in this article.
What is social bookmarking?
Social bookmarking is the technique to get good backlinks, huge traffic along with branding, promotion and indexing privileges. If you are an SEO or digital marketing guy, you must know about it.
Why use social bookmarking sites?
In my previous blog post, I had discussed about On Page SEO Checklist. Once you finish your on page optimization, your next step should be taking care of off page optimization. In this, you can start with social bookmarking. You should begin with submitting blog posts / web pages to social bookmarking websites as it has so many benefits.
- Bookmarking is the fastest way to index your website or blog post in search engines- Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
- Top social bookmarking sites have high PR. If you have backing from them, you will get quality backlinks.
- Social bookmarking websites’ submission helps to generate new relevant traffic.
- By submitting on social bookmarking sites, your blog post can go viral.
- It will improve your domain authority.
- It will reduce the bounce rate.
- It will help in blog categorization.
Benefits of Social Bookmarking
- Being listed on the social bookmarking site, can drive quality audience on your site. If your site is new and you want to do its marketing to gain quality traffic then these social bookmarking is one of the best options that you can have.
- Also search engines just like Google, often shows results from the bookmarking sites and if your site is bookmarked then there are high chances that your site may show up in the search engine results.
So there are so many benefits of listing your webpage on the social bookmarking sites. Now I am going to provide you top 10 United States Social Bookmarking Sites which can provide you organic traffic on your bookmarked site.
How to do social bookmarking?
All SEO guys are doing social bookmarking. But do you know how to do it effectively?
All social bookmarking websites are not the same. Before starting to submit the blog posts on websites, you have to understand their rules and regulations. Few high PR social bookmarking websites like reddit.com, bizsugar.com are very sticky in approval and spamming is strictly not allowed.
For these types of websites, you have to be more social and have to try building your profile by submitting high authority blog posts of other websites or you can comment on others’ posts, re-share and upvote. To get more benefits out of this, create innovative title, creative description, add target keywords in tags or keyword field and most important thing is that you have to choose category wisely.
Hope you have understood – what is social bookmarking? Why everyone should do bookmarking? And how to do it? So let’s start with the top 65 high pr social bookmarking sites.
- Reddit : Reddit is one of my favorite bookmarking websites. It’s not easy to submit your blog post on reddit. You need to upvote and re-submit others’ reddit posts – it will improve your reddit karmas. Once you have sufficient karmas, you can submit your blog posts easily, read subreddit’s rules before posting on it. Meanwhile, try to add few posts of famous websites or add current news related posts so that people comment or upvote your posts.
- Stumbleupon : Stumbleupon powered by ebay, is a good source of instant traffic. To submit blog post on it, you need to first register. A complete profile will help you in traffic generation. Don’t submit your blog multiple times a day. It will be considered as spam. You can add other blog posts, if you are running multiple blog sites. Only submission is not sufficient, you need to build network in your niche. Comment on other stumbles’ posts.
- Bizsugar : Bizsugar is the toughest website to publish your blog post on. You need to be very careful while submitting blog post on bizsugar.
- Submit reputed and high authority website’s post in relevantcategory.
- Upvote and comment on others’ published posts.
- Once your profile is strong enough, try to submit your blog post.
- Write meaningful description, creative title and choose appropriatecategory.
- Scoop.it : Scoop.it is one of the best places of content curation and content marketing. Here you can bookmark your blog post or can create a complete article with backlinks to your blog. I have tested both of them. It has premium and free plans. You can use both as per your requirement. Premium plan has few extra features. As its DA and Alexa rankings are high, so it’s extremely good for building backlinks.
- You can manage multiple topics in a single account.
- You can build community.
- Share, like and comment on other’s posts.
- Write catchy headings with targeted keywords.
- Add images in your scoop article.
- Pinterest : Pinterest is not only a bookmarking website, but it is the most popular graphical content distribution social media website. Here, you can discover content on any topic and most of the content will be in graphic format. And best part of it is that anyone can easily use Pinterest.After creating an account in Pinterest, you need to follow fewcategories. Choose wisely as you will get their pins. Before adding a pin, you need to create a board with keyword rich board title, description and choose the most relevant category. You can invite others to pin on your board.Find related pin boards and join them. Here, you can’t join directly, invitation is needed to post on group board. For invitation, you are supposed to follow admin of that group, repin his/ her pins and wait for him to notice you or you can also send him a personal request message. Don’t promote your blog post in groups all the times, try to be social!
Guys! Pinterest has good source of traffic for those who have rich graphical content like themes, designs & infographics. I got hugeresponse from Pinterest for www.znetlive.com.
Top 5 High DA social bookmarking sites
Here I am sharing with you a high pr social bookmarking sites list which I am using regularly for my websites.